Friday, January 28, 2011

Greek West Wind ~ like magic

In class on 1/26 it was brought to question the Greek and Roman names of the mysterious West Wind that impregnated Sky Woman mysteriously when she bent over in the apparent wrong direction.
From my research, this magic master of immaculate conception is known to the Greeks as Zephyr (Roman name: Favonius):



His brother winds are as follows:
East Wind (Greek: Eurus, Roman: Vulturnus):


North Wind (Greek: Boreas, Roman: Aquilo):


South Wind (Greek: Notus, Roman: Auster):


2 comments:

  1. Very interesting and I love the pictures, very fun to picture. Although it seems as though Boreas is visiting Bozeman right now, much to my disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just surfing the web..I use to work at a place in lake tahoe called zephyr cove..... I saw a mythological creature there the beach was packed but I was the only one who seemed to see it... the creatue is real no joke.. I was looking up clever north wind

    ReplyDelete